Tuesday, February 21, 2012

TWD: Baking with Julia- Chocolate Truffle Tart

Not sure what to quite make of this recipe yet- it's definitely not a looker- reminds me of a big brown blob.  I have yet to taste it but I think there is still hope it will turn out delicious.  Nuts or chopped toffee bits would also be fabulous additions.  This filling has white chocolate and almond biscotti in it, so I suspect it will be a crunchy yet creamy experience. You can find the recipe on page 382 in Baking with Julia.  Going to take it to work tomorrow if all goes well after the first bite- fingers and toes are crossed!

5 comments:

  1. It looks soo good... I am sure it will taste lovely too ... !!!! Enjoy !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, your tart looks amazing!! At first I thought mine were going to be a disaster, but they turned out perfectly, I like the idea of making a larger tart rather than individual ones. Definitely serve it with something and not alone, just to rich by itself. Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoyed!
    I like the single tart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tart looks great - I hope you enjoyed it! Toffee bits...YES. Thanks for baking along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete