Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesdays with Dorie: Baking with Julia- White Loaves

Right now my kitchen smells heavenly from the freshly baked white loaves sitting on my stove and I have fallen pretty hard for "Baking with Julia".  The only change made to the recipe was a substitution of 1 cup of whole wheat flour due to the fact I ran out of all purpose.  I had high expectations to make one of the loaves into a cinnamon swirl loaf but of course I am out of time and am now running out the door. I havent yet tried a slice of the loaves but they will be definitely on my mind when I drive home tonight from work!


10 comments:

  1. Oh what a nice treat to come home to! so happy you enjoyed this!

    I froze half of mine and then made cinnamon rolls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job! I too thought to make one of the loaves with a cinnamon swirl, but it never happened!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen- I bought bread flour today and going to make a cinnamon swirl loaf, maybe add some raisins and chopped pecans

      Delete
  3. The loaves look great! Hope you enjoyed them when you got home. I sent one to work with Jim and the other is already half gone.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning my breakfast was two slices with peanut butter and orange marmalade- I could get used to this!
      I bet Jim was very proud to share his wife's delicious homemade bread.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure the whole wheat flour add a nice nutty flavor. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete